The 77th Annual RSES Conference and HVACR Technology Expo has educational sessions ranging in topics to benefit all attendees. From Oct. 14-18, conference attendees can choose from a number of sessions. The following sessions will be held Oct. 15-18:
- “EC Motors–The Fan Drive of the Future,” presented by Moriz Kramer, will review how EC motors work, what an external rotor EC motor is, the power range of EC motors, how to save energy with the right fan drive and more.
- “Key Observations and Measurements for System Performance,” presented by Jamie Kitchen, will investigate the key observations and measurement,s as well as the key factors that determine system performance.
- “Refrigerants and Regulatory Update–What’s Next,” presented by Ron Vogl, will focus on the current state of refrigerants and use in both refrigeration and air conditioning.
- “Motor Troubleshooting–Beyond the Basics,” presented by Dennis Bush, will cover a number of troubleshooting situations in detail to determine the next cause(s) of the problem and how it relates to basic principles.
- “Micro-Controls Link to Net Zero,” presented by Timothy Muckey, CM, will cover the application of micro-controls to reduce global footprint and meet net-zero energy goals.
- “Psychrometrics 201,” presented by Harlan “Skip” Krepcik, CMS, RCT, will cover using data from the solution schematic to determine airflow volume and refrigeration tonnage.
- “The TEV Story (The Nitty Gritty on Thermostatic Expansion Valves),” presented by Jon Grable, will take a closer look at the often misunderstood TEV and consider how it plays a role in refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
- “Disaster is Coming–Are You Ready?” presented by Michael J. Thompson, CMS, will discuss what you do before disaster hits. Attendees will review an incoming “storm” and prepare a plan to ride it out.
- “Ductless System Installation,” presented by James Bowman, will highlight the important issues specifically related to the design, installation and startup of ductless mini-split HVAC systems.
- “Humidity Control and Room Design,” presented by Steve Wellander, CM, RCT, will provide an overview of a complex area of air conditioning while offering solutions to humidity control in high density heat applications.
- “Understanding Essential Refrigeration Service Components,” presented by Capitola Lau, will address Ranco commercial refrigeration service components, such as pressure controls, temperature controls, filters and more.
- “Gas Valve Actuators Made Simple,” presented by Raymond Joubran, will cover actuator types used with gas valves, technical terminology and fuel and pressure characteristics.
- “Economizers–Taking the Fear out of Servicing and Retrofitting,” presented by Ken Robinson, CM, will address the most neglected and least understood part of the HVAC system—economizers.
- “Measured HVAC System Performance–If You Don’t Measure, You’re Just Guessing,” presented by Scott Johnson, will cover how to quickly measure HVAC system performance and utilize simple measurements.
To view the full list of educational sessions, visit www.rses.org/conference/2014educationalsessions.aspx. To learn more about the annual conference, visit www.rses.org/conference.aspx.