Designed to incorporate the advanced features, performance and controls of WaterFurnace Aurora-based heat pumps into commercial building automation systems, the Aurora UPC seamlessly communicates with Aurora boards and converts the Modbus protocol to BACnet MS/TP, LON or OpenN2 protocol. The module provides access to unit sensors, relay operations and faults and allows individual unit configuration – all without the need to manually access the heat pump. A portable touch-screen interface gives a technician full access to equipment status, parameter values, temperatures and humidity sensing, as well as access to alarm and trend history.
The Aurora UPC features a multi-protocol field selectable communication port that supports:
- EIA-485 BACnet MS/TP @ 9600, 19.2k, 38.4k, 76.8k baud
- Metasys OpenN2
- LonWorks TP/FT-10 (requires optional LON plug-in communication card)
The controller includes an onboard CR2032 battery with a 10-year lifespan to provide 720 hours of cumulative power outage capacity. The Aurora UPC also features:
- LEDs for status of power, network communication, processor operation and errors
- Local laptop or Aurora Touch Interface connection for field service and configuration
- Heating and cooling control from a remotely located zone sensor
In addition, the Aurora UPC includes an Rnet communication port that allows for up to five ZS Series Rnet zone sensors to be connected for space temperature averaging.
To learn more, visit http://www.waterfurnace.com/ddc-controls.aspx.