RectorSeal Corp. has redesigned its Clean Check extendable backwater valve product line’s upper and lower collars that now accommodate both standard four-inch diameter or optional easier-to-handle lightweight two-inch-diameter PVC risers for preventing sewer back-ups into residential and light commercial buildings. The collar redesign also includes the new 75-PSI rated (at 177 feet of head) heavy-duty flapper, the highest flapper PSI in the plumbing, waste water and sewer industries.
The new patented “snap-in/pull-out” flapper can be installed and locked into the lower collar within seconds. The flapper/collar assembly, riser and upper collar are easily lowered into place and locked into the valve body and outer riser’s slot channel with just a quick counter-clockwise, quarter-turn from ground level–making it the industry’s easiest, safest to clean and install extendable backwater valve. The tight-sealing, plasticized PVC flapper is available for 3-, 4- and 6-inch-diameter sewer lines.
Older style flapper/collar assemblies that are worn or 15 PSI-rated can be retrofitted within minutes using the Clean Check Rebuild Kit, which includes the 75-PSI flapper/collar and upper collar. Contractors must supply a new two-inch or four-inch-diameter PVC inner riser.
The patented Clean Check, which prevents sewer backup into buildings caused by blockages, excess volume in a sewer system or ground flooding, is an IAPMO/UPC code-compliant, above-ground cleaning access port that supplants the need of expensive manhole sewer-access clean-out vaults.
The complete Clean Check system is available in PVC or ABS plastic and consists of the following components:
- Tee-shaped valve body for connecting to an underground sewer line
- Upper collar and a matching lower collar snap-in integrated flapper assembly that fits into the tee’s bull via a contractor-supplied, custom-cut-length PVC inner riser pipe (contractors also provide a six-inch-diameter PVC outer riser for three or four-inch-diameter valve bodies and an eight-inch-diameter outer riser for six-inch-diameter valve
Clean Check is available through U.S. plumbing and heating trade wholesalers and is sold as single units or three-packs.
Other Clean Check features are:
- Meets International Plumbing Code, International Residence Code, Uniform Plumbing Code, Canadian Standards Association, National Sanitation Foundation and other code authorities for preventing street sewer backwater flooding into buildings
- Simplifies plumbing code-mandated annual checks of extended backwater valves and their flappers
- Manufactured in-house under the strictest quality control at RectorSeal’s Fall River, Massachusetts, state-of-the-art plastic extrusion and injection molding plant
- First extendable backwater valve concept
- Designed as a closed valve to meet U.S. plumbing requirements
- Approved for outdoor use and eliminates problems of indoor basement sewer cleanouts that violate plumbing codes due to inaccessibility from floor covering overlays or furniture
- Preferred extendable backwater valve of plumbing contractors and dozens of major municipality sewer/water departments across the U.S.
For additional information, visit www.rectorseal.com or call 800-231-3345.