MILWAUKEE, Wis. — Johnson Controls continues to expand its YORK magnetic-bearing centrifugal chillers offering with new, low-range capacities that extend to 165 tons/580 kW. With the addition of these lower capacities, the complete range of the YMC2 encompasses units from 165 to 600 tons (580kW to 2,110 kW).
This new capacity range is the result of extensive testing and software enhancements. The YMC2 continues to offer these important benefits:
- Market-leading efficiency, with an integrated part load value as low as 0.304 kW/ton at AHRI conditions and 10 percent better efficiency than conventional variable-speed centrifugal chillers
- Superior sustainability supported by R-134a refrigerant, an efficient, safe and affordable refrigerant that will continue to be available for the life of all YORK chillers
- Quietest chiller in its class, never louder than 73 dBA
- Flexible operation, enabling the chiller to adapt to system condition changes of each unique facility and exceed cooling needs, even when other system components fall short
- Maximized uptime, with 250,000 tons of chiller capacity installed, a fast re-start (can return to 100 percent capacity from a power loss in 3.5 minutes) and low maintenance (no gear or oil system)