INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — Delta Faucet Company representatives announced the winners of six $2,500 scholarships for students pursuing plumbing, heating and cooling related studies. The Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Educational Foundation administers the scholarship program and is responsible for selecting the scholarship award winners.
“Delta Faucet has been sponsoring these scholarships since 1986. That puts us at the 30th consecutive year, with $450,000 in scholarships awarded through PHCC,” said Sam Straub, vice president of trade sales for Delta Faucet Company. “We are proud to have that history and happy to continue assisting the next generation of skilled workers that contractors are looking to hire.”
The following students were awarded 2015 Delta Faucet Company scholarships:
- John Botto of Babylon, New York, is pursuing a degree in Building Construction Management at Purdue University.
- Will Champion of Cornelius, North Carolina, is a pre-mechanical engineering student at UNC Wilmington.
- Steven Gomez of National City, California, is working for PHCC member Drum Plumbing in San Diego, and is enrolled as a plumbing apprentice at the PHCC Academy of San Diego.
- Brendan Loellke of Jerseyville, Illinois, is pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering at University of Missouri – Columbia.
- Andrew Oak of Cheektowaga, New York, is pursuing a degree in HVAC Installation, Service & Repair at Alfred State College.
- Elena Thomas of Broomall, Pennsylvania. is pursuing a degree in Integrated Business and Engineering at Lehigh University.