MILWAUKEE, Wis. — The all-new residential heating and air conditioning split systems from the Coleman brand of Johnson Controls come to market with more than 125,000 hours of research, design and testing behind them.
The result is a family of air conditioners, heat pumps and air handlers that meet 2015 U.S. Department of Energy efficiency standards and offer significant energy savings—as much as 29 percent more efficient for air conditioners with a 14 Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, when compared to older 10 SEER models. The family of split system products will include models with a 21+ SEER. All the units are also rated in accordance with AHRI Standards 210/240 and meet relevant ASHRAE 90.1, EPACT 2005 and ENERGY STAR standards.
System efficiency is matched by ease of installation. The units’ contractor-friendly design features:
- Smaller footprint to accommodate gates, hand trucks, vans and site pads
- Easy top and side access to commonly serviced items
- Indoor unit with front-mounted controls and slide-out blower
- Outdoor unit with convenient, sealed, swing-out control box
- Factory-installed liquid line filter drier
- Conveniently located service valves
- Sturdy, flat fan guard design that resists dents
- Smooth edges for easier handling
- Indoor and outdoor units designed for system optimization and precise matchups
Contractors will also appreciate a standardized design that reduces complexity by requiring fewer replacement parts contractors need to carry in inventory and on service trucks. Additionally, a comprehensive and competitive product portfolio includes options at a variety of price points to meet a wider range of customer needs, and easy access to products and support teams helps to ensure a seamless business operation.
Outdoor units reduce sound levels to 71 dBA, while an improved airtight indoor cabinet design meets strict 2 percent or less air leakage requirements. In addition, a corrosion- and rust-resistant coated finish on steel wire fan guards and external fasteners and pre-treated, G90-equivalent galvanized steel chassis components combine to enhance durability.
For more information, visit www.colemanac.com/lxsplitsystems.