MILWAUKEE, Wis. — Two new residential gas furnaces in the Champion LX Series from Johnson Controls deliver comfort and energy savings of 20 and 37 percent when compared to older 60 percent AFUE models. The all-new TM8Y and TM9Y combine the comfort of two-stage heating with the efficiency of a standard ECM motor to earn AFUE ratings of 80 and 96 percent.
Manufactured using state-of-the-art quality control and assembly processes, including more than 125,000 hours of testing, the furnaces feature Champion’s industry-leading five-year complete assurance limited warranty, which provides optional furnace replacement in the event the heat exchanger fails within five years of installation. In addition, the TM9Y model is Energy Star rated.
Both furnaces are factory shipped for upflow or horizontal applications and can be converted for downflow applications. Easily accessible controls and no knockouts further enhance the installation process. Other features of the furnaces include:
- Compact 33-inch height for installation in tight spaces
- Built-in, high-level self-diagnostics with fault code display for simplified servicing
- Electric hot surface ignition that conserves fuel
- 100 percent shut-off main gas valve
- High heat transfer aluminized steel tubular heat exchanger with lifetime limited warranty
For more information, visit www.championhomecomfort.com.