PISCATAWAY, N.J. – Keeping a sparkling clean bathroom just got easier with the American Standard ActiClean self-cleaning toilet. The new ActiClean system is the toilet that cleans itself, combining the power of revolutionary VorMax flushing technology — which delivers the cleanest flush ever engineered — with a fully integrated self-cleaning system. Simply press a button, walk away and let the toilet do the rest – it’s that easy.
ActiClean eliminates the need for after-market add-on cleaning solutions that are unsightly, ineffective and may even damage toilets. No more in-the-bowl or in-the-tank cleaning solutions that may not work effectively with high efficiency, low consumption toilets. This pioneering ActiClean toilet provides the luxury of a toilet that cleans itself – featuring a simplified, user-selected activation system – at a price point favorable to a broad range of homeowners.
The ActiClean Self-Cleaning System
A convenient flip-up door on the tank top houses the control panel for the cleaning system, which is activated at the user’s choice. For homes with small children, the cleaning function can be locked and the cleaning cycle can even be canceled mid-cycle, if needed.
Here’s how the ActiClean system works:
- The user presses the button for the preferred cleaning cycle: a Quick Clean that takes one minute; or a Deep Clean that offers an extended, 10-minute cleaning cycle.
- Cleaning solution travels through the designated channel in the tank and is mixed with water.
- The cleaner is released into the bowl, combined with the powerful VorMax jetted force, which allows the cleaner to completely scour the bowl from top to bottom.
- The cleaner soaks in the bowl for the chosen amount of time. Its fresh fragrance and foaming bubbles indicate it’s hard at work.
- When the soaking time has ended, the system will automatically siphon the cleaning agent and rinse the bowl with clear water.
To help the ActiClean stay even cleaner, the bowl features a sleek, CleanCurve Rim that omits the rim cavity and holes inside the bowl where dirt and buildup can get trapped and hide. The toilet tank and bowl feature EverClean, the brand-exclusive permanent finish that inhibits the growth of stain and odor-causing bacteria, mold and mildew on the surface. The smooth, mirror-like EverClean finish repels dirt, helping the toilet stay cleaner, longer.
For more info, visit www.americanstandard.com.