MILWAUKEE, Wis. – Smart technology enables the new second generation Coleman touch-screen residential thermostat from Johnson Controls to communicate with both conventional and connected HVAC systems.
The new thermostat allows contractors to sell a single thermostat solution across multiple product tiers and offer homeowners a complete Coleman home comfort system. Near field communication, a set of short-range wireless technologies and a dedicated distributor app, available on Android-equipped devices, allow contractors to preconfigure settings before arriving at a residence. They can also control fault features to help eliminate nuisance calls.
Homeowners will enjoy several features, including:
- An easy-to-use touch-screen proprietary hexagon interface
- The ability to seamlessly connect to their HVAC system via their smartphones or tablets
- A quick heat-and-quick cool feature for short-term, high-capacity heating or cooling to reach set points more quickly and is optimized to provide Energy Star Most Efficient performance when connected to select Coleman home comfort systems*
- Alerts sent to the homeowner when maintenance is required
- Contractor contact information available through the app, when that information is uploaded
For additional information, visit www.colemanac.com/lxseries.
*When paired with Echelon AC8B024F4 (FC/MC48D+MV12D+TXV), AC8B036F4 (FC/MC62D+MV12D+TXV) and HC8B036F4 (FC/MC62D+MV12D+TXV) models.