SEMCO LLC has created the 3fficiency brand, which promotes an engineered system approach of integrating its three major commercial HVAC components–active chilled beams, the Pinnacle Series dedicated outdoor air system and the NEUTON controllable chilled beam pump module.
The 3fficiency brand accentuates the fact that engineers can rely on unprecedented synergy with guaranteed integration when incorporating active chilled beam cooling/heating for indoor air comfort, the Pinnacle’s efficient DOAS treatment, and pinpoint control with the system’s NEUTON anchoring component. 3fficiency is the HVAC industry’s first total IAQ system approach to chilled beam design and it far surpasses the ASHRAE 90.1 energy standard by up to 30 percent. Thus, 3fficiency is ideal for LEED and other sustainable building programs. It’s also an energy-saving and environmentally friendly hydronic alternative to variable refrigerant flow and other DX-based systems that use refrigerants.
SEMCO’s decades of chilled beam experience offers engineers system modeling and application support backed by design compatibility assurance with all major building automation system protocols. 3fficiency also offers contractors plug-and-play installation ease backed by customer phone and onsite support.
Instead of the conventional chilled beam design approach of attempting to manage the entire flow of a system, 3fficiency’s NEUTON component micromanages the industry’s tightest temperature, airflow and humidity tolerances of a single zone of 10 chilled beams or less, or up to five multiple zones of single chilled beams.
The first 3fficiency application saved the retrofitted Robert D. Campbell Junior High School, Winchester, Kentucky, $147,000 in labor installation costs versus the VRF technology. The circa 1970’s building is also cutting energy costs by an estimated $33,000 annually versus the school’s former conventional unit ventilator system, according to the retrofit’s performance contractor.
Other 3fficiency features are:
- Available for both new construction and retrofit projects
- Doesn’t use refrigerants
- Ideal for hospitals, schools, office buildings and other occupied facilities with consistent, manageable humidity, heating and cooling loads
- More efficient by up to 30 percent than typical VRF systems, based on data compiled by the Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Institute
- Potential for a pinpoint temperature tolerance of ±1 F per zone
- All three components can be factory integrated to work together
- Remote monitoring and control through the facility’s BAS
For more info, visit: http://info.semcohvac.com/3fficiency-1 .