COLUMBIA, Mo. – SEMCO, LLC introduces the NEUTON–Multiple Zone, the HVAC industry’s first controlled chilled beam pump module capable of controlling active chilled beams in up to five small rooms in office buildings, hospitals, schools or other commercial buildings.
The NEUTON–Multiple Zone consists of modified onboard software, combination temperature/humidity monitoring sensors and thermostatically controlled hydronic valves for up to five zones, and an original NEUTON CCBPM.
While the original NEUTON was designed to control up to 10 chilled beams in a single zone, the NEUTON–Multiple Zone can control several chilled beam spaces with similar heating/cooling/humidity loads, such as single-user offices, library study rooms, hospital rooms and other small spaces. This cuts project chilled beam control equipment and installation costs by 60 percent, while providing personalized air comfort.
The included Advanced Logic premium room monitor/sensor reports temperature information to the NEUTON, which is connected to and compatible with all building management system brand protocols. Individual zone temperature is achieved through set points at the BMS or at the NEUTON pump module when a BMS is absent. The NEUTON supplies 58 F water from the building water loop; however, each zone’s BELIMO thermostatically controlled valve (available in two-way or three-way configurations) achieves its chilled beam’s preset temperature, which is always set above the room’s dew point. Meanwhile, the preset relative humidity is controlled via the building’s dedicated outdoor air system, which supplies dehumidified outdoor air to the zone’s active chilled beam.
The original NEUTON has recently become one of the most popular HVAC hydronic specification products for both new construction and retrofitted buildings that require superior air comfort, energy efficiency and reduced construction and equipment costs. NEUTON is a packaged easy-to-install, plug-and-play module with its own powered integrated direct digital controller, chilled and hot water connections, valves, variable-speed electronically commutated motor pumps, smart sensors and other unique features.
NEUTON’s intuitiveness reduces the expense of size of a separate chiller, boiler and secondary water distribution system associated with conventional chilled beam HVAC designs. Instead, each NEUTON blends and re-circulates return water within its zone to convert typical 42 F and 140 F primary loop water temperatures to optimal 58 F or 100 F chilled beam discharge temperatures. This prevents cooling mode condensation and heating season heat stratification. Using a CCBPM design versus a traditional chilled beam layout reduces job piping material/labor costs by up to 35 percent because two-pipe configurations can now provide the same heating/cooling performance as a four-pipe configuration. The main supply loop’s piping diameter can also be reduced for additional construction savings.
Other features of the NEUTON–Multiple Single Zone is:
- Thermostatically controlled valves can be installed in a labor and material-saving manifold configuration near the NEUTON pump module or individually near each chilled beam
- One NEUTON and its 12 gpm pump can accommodate five offices (zones) averaging 120 square feet each (10 by 12 room, load dependent)
- Both chilled beam retrofit and new construction projects are suitable applications
- Smaller boiler and chiller sizes are applicable in NEUTON projects, which results in less upfront capital for equipment and reduced operational expenses
- CO2 monitoring is an option
- 208 V or 230V single-phase variable speed ECM pump motor is significantly more efficient and saves up to 90 percent energy while providing the same BTU as larger, conventional loop pumps with two-way on/off valves
For more info, visit: www.semcohvac.com.