ATLANTA, Ga. – ASHRAE has announced a call for abstracts for the 2019 Buildings XIV International Conference to be held in Clearwater Beach, Florida, Dec. 9-12, 2019. The conference is co-organized by Oak Ridge National Laboratory and ASHRAE.
The conference includes two tracks focused on principles (research and development) and practices (practical applications and case studies).
The conference steering committee is seeking papers focused on the development of high-impact technologies and processes that are lifecycle cost effective and reduce energy use and environmental consequences, as well as case studies that are unique and new. Papers should demonstrate how their topics, on the thermal and moisture performance of the exterior envelope of whole buildings, will lead to high-performance buildings, demonstrate technologies ready for implementation and show the promise of short to mid-term adoption.
Suggested paper topics include:
- Advanced Construction Practices
- Air Barriers and Air Leakage
- Basements/Below-Grade Construction
- Building Envelope Commissioning
- Building Envelope Integrated Technologies
- Building Retrofit
- Building Sustainability and Resilience
- Cost Optimization
- Design Tools
- Dynamic and High-R windows
- Envelope-Related Indoor Environment
- Fenestration and Window Attachments
- Heritage/Historic Buildings
- HVAC-Envelope Integration
- Innovative Materials and Systems
- Low-Energy Buildings
- Moisture Management, Durability and Service Life
- Monitoring, Modeling and Simulation
- Offsite Manufacturing
- Residential Single- and Multi-Family Applications
- Roofs, Attics and Walls
- Standards, Codes, Guidelines and Test Procedure Development
Abstract submissions are due Oct. 26. If accepted, papers will be due Feb. 22, 2019. For more information or to submit an abstract, visit ashrae.org/BuildingsXIV.