Johnson Controls-Hitachi Air Conditioning will introduce multiple new products at the AHR Expo in Atlanta, Georgia in January 2019, including Hitachi Water Source Variable Refrigerant Flow heat pump and heat recovery cooling and heating systems. These compact systems are energy efficient, provide individualized comfort, are ideal when space is at a premium and are optimal where outdoor placement is challenging.
Hitachi VRF Indoor Units, Controls and Gateway products are all fully compatible with the new water source systems for maximum design flexibility. And installation is simple, even in tight spaces, with top and front piping options.
The unified 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 and 18 ton single-module units can be used as heat pump or heat recovery systems and are available in 208/230V and 460V. Inverter compressor technology achieves high-efficiency ratings, and a connection ratio of 50-130 percent offers design flexibility.
AHRI-certified efficiency ratings for the new Hitachi Water Source VRF systems are:
- Integrated Energy Efficiency Ratio – 20.3 to 29
- Heating Coefficient of Performance – 68 F: 4.3 to 6.3
The company is also announcing new AHRI ratings for the 3, 4 and 5 ton Hitachi Mini VRF Heat Pump System: SEER up to 23.1, EER up to 16.7 and HSPF up to 12.1, making it the industry leader in rated efficiency. These systems are also compatible with existing Indoor Units, Controllers and Gateways.
Additional products to be introduced at the AHR Expo include:
- Touchscreen Central Controller, which offers an intuitive, large touch screen for easy control of 2,560 VRF indoor units and up to 2,048 VRF systems
- Duct-Free Mini-Split H-Link Adapter, which connects Duct-Free Mini-Split systems with VRF systems, enabling control through VRF Central Controllers or through a BAS via the VRF Smart Gateway
- Duct-Free Mini-Split Gateway, which integrates Duct-Free Mini-Split systems with all major BAS
- Duct-Free Mini-Split Touch Screen Controller, which provides multiple features and large icons for easy operation
For more information, visit SmartFlex-HVAC.com.