ASHRAE has announced a call for three presenters to share knowledge about the effects of humidity to a global audience in its 2020 ASHRAE Webcast, “Effects of Low Humidity and High Humidity on People, Buildings and Energy Performance.”
“Humidity has a substantial impact on the comfort and health of building occupants,” said Steve Piccolo, chair of Webcast Ad Hoc Committee. “Preserving the structural integrity of buildings and protecting the contents also requires proper humidity control. This webcast will explore the effects of humidity on buildings, occupants and contents in a variety of uses. The program will also discuss the impact humidity has on energy consumption of the HVAC system and effective ways to control humidity.
The CTTC seeks three qualified presenters. Participation in the webcast requires a substantial time commitment. Presenters must be able to commit to the following schedule:
- August 2019 – CTTC Webcast Ad Hoc Committee one-day planning meeting at ASHRAE headquarters to determine the webcast program and production schedule
- September 2019 – Presenters prepare presentation outlines
- October 2019 – Presenters prepare draft scripts and graphics
- November through December 2019 – Peer review of draft scripts by volunteer panel and ad hoc committee
- December 2019 through February 2020 – Presenters prepare and coordinate final drafts (scripts and graphics)
- February 2020 – Final graphics and scripts prepared by presenters and graphics editor
- April 2020 – Rehearsal and live webcast – multi-day meeting in Atlanta, Georgia
The deadline to submit webcast presentation materials for consideration is April 5. For questions and to submit presentation materials for consideration, email firstname.lastname@example.org.