The 2019 ASHRAE Annual Conference technical program will provide practitioners with topical, in-depth educational tracks to optimize the design and performance of buildings. The conference is June 22-26 in Kansas City, Missouri.
The five-day conference includes eight conference tracks, tours, social events and a keynote message from Former NASA astronaut, senior advisor for space programs for the Intrepid Museum, author of Spaceman, Mike Massimino. Additionally, 2019-20 ASHRAE President Darryl Boyce, P.Eng., Fellow ASHRAE, Life Member, will present the society theme for the coming year during the President’s Luncheon on Monday, June 24.
Registration is open for the conference which takes place at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown and Kansas City Convention Center.
The much-anticipated Commissioning New & Existing Buildings track will address topics surrounding low-energy and zero-energy buildings as they become more prevalent.
The Modeling Throughout the Building Life Cycle track will examine how the demands of energy efficient operation brought about the need for modeling of part-load operation for a variety of off-design conditions.
Conference tracks include:
- Systems & Equipment in the Built Environment
- Fundamentals and Applications
- Optimization in HVAC&R
- Commissioning New & Existing Buildings
- Occupant Health & Safety
- Modeling Throughout the Building Life Cycle
- Professional Development
- Research Summit
- Radiant Heating & Cooling
Technical program sessions will be approved for PDHs, AIA Learning Units and LEED AP credits.
ASHRAE Learning Institute will offer two full-day seminars and eight half-day courses. Five new courses include:
- Guideline 36: Best in Class HVAC Control Sequences
- IgCC and ASHRAE Standard 189.1 Technical Provisions (co-presented with the International Code Council)
- Effective Presentation for Positive Results
- Solar PV and Thermal Systems Analysis and Design
- Laboratory Exhaust Stacks: Safe and Energy-Efficient Design
Courses will be approved for PDHs, AIA Learning Units and LEED AP credits.
ASHRAE certification exams will be administered in the following key fields:
- NEW! HVAC Design
- Energy Assessment
- Energy Modeling
- Healthcare Facility Design
- High-Performance Building Design
- Building Operations
Apply by May 31 to sit for an ASHRAE Certification exam.
Learn more and register for the 2019 ASHRAE Annual Conference at ashrae.org/kansascity.