RectorSeal has been named the master distributor in the North America and Australia HVAC/R markets for the Flaretite seal. Flaretite is the industry’s first gasket-like seal designed specifically for making a tight, leak-resistant connection between flared tubing connections used in air conditioning/refrigeration applications.
The Flaretite seal is a stamped copper ring with concentric ridges formed by a baked-on Loctite Vibra-Seal coating. The ridges create multiple sealing points of contact to prevent leaks from copper tubing flare connections used with ¼-, 3/8-, ½-, 5/8- and 3/4-inch (6-, 7.5-, 12-, 16-, 19-mm) refrigeration linesets. The purple (color-coded for HVAC/R applications) coating is a dried, pliable sealant that flexes into pits, micro depressions, scratches and other imperfections that potentially lead to refrigerant leaks from copper tubing flares. Flaretite also features three stamped notches to help clip-seal it and hold it in place during compression fitting tightening.
Flaretite also complements the 2018 introduction of RectorSeal’s PRO-Fit Precision Flare Kit, the next generation pipe flaring tool for copper and aluminum tubing used in air conditioning and refrigeration applications. Using the PRO-Fit in conjunction with Flaretite provides the ultimate in leak prevention for flared connections.
Flaretite is packaged in 21 skus with four-color labeling:
- Clamshell J-hook merchandiser of 10 units in all five sizes
- Clamshell combo mini-split kit of two different size pairs that fit inlet and outlet flare sizes of a lineset’s liquid and suction lines
- Four-compartment case that houses 36 pieces of nine units each in 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8 inch sizes
- Box of 100 in all five sizes
- Box of 200 in 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8 inch sizes
Flaretite carries a one-year warranty.
For more info, visit www.rectorseal.com.