ASHRAE has released a new strategic plan to guide the society’s work over the next five years. The ASHRAE 2019-2024 Strategic Plan describes the society’s core values, mission and vision for future success, while also identifying areas where ASHRAE will direct its attention and resources over the next several years.
The previous plan, released in 2014, resulted in several significant accomplishments, including the extension of ASHRAE’s global presence, a greater role in the residential sector and higher levels of volunteer involvement. The new plan’s initiatives reflect the society’s longstanding commitment to the HVAC&R industry, while leveraging the opportunities and addressing the challenges that are taking place in the fast-evolving built environment.
The new strategic plan outlines two initiative areas:
Built Environment of the Future
- Resilient Buildings and Communities
- Indoor Environmental Quality
Future of ASHRAE
- Organizational Streamlining
- Improve Chapter Engagement, Capacity and Support
Some key action items outlined in the plan include:
- Promote best practices that enable adaptability, resilience and recovery of buildings and communities related to the challenges of the design and construction process
- Accelerate thought leadership and understanding of indoor environmental quality and its implications for occupants’ health and wellness
- Streamline the organization’s internal governance to adapt to regional differences and allocate valued time and resources to the most impactful pursuits
- Evaluate and improve methods to better engage chapters, regions and the members they serve in an integrated way
For more information on the 2019-2024 ASHRAE Strategic Plan, visit ashrae.org/strategicplan.