IAPMO Chief Operating Officer/Executive Vice President Dave Viola has been appointed to CEO effective Jan. 1, 2021, taking over for GP Russ Chaney, who is retiring after a quarter-century at the helm of the 95-year-old association. IAPMO will continue to benefit from Chaney’s leadership skills and experience as an executive adviser to the CEO.
Viola has more than 25 years of senior management experience within the plumbing and mechanical industry. He joined IAPMO in 2007 and has served as IAPMO’s chief operating officer for the past seven years, with strategic and operational responsibility for the comprehensive array of IAPMO Group programs and services.
Viola serves or has served on the following notable industry committees:
- Current deputy chairman and executive board member, World Plumbing Council
- Chairman, American Society of Mechanical Engineers A112 Committee on Plumbing
- Board of directors, American Society of Mechanical Engineers Standardization and Testing
- Founding director, Alliance for Water Efficiency
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Reinvent the Toilet Technical Advisory Committee
- World Health Organization Advisory Committee on Water Quality
- American National Standards Institute Accredited Certification Committee
- U.S. Green Building Council Water Efficiency Technical Advisory Group
- Green Building Initiative Commercial Green Building Committee and Water Subcommittee
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers 191 Committee for the Efficient Use of Water in Building, Site and Mechanical Systems
- ASHRAE 189 Committee for High-Performance Green Buildings
- American Society of Plumbing Engineers Main Design Standards Committee
- American Society of Sanitary Engineers Plumbing Product Standards Committee
- Canadian Standards Association Plumbing Technical Committees
Viola holds a degree in mechanical engineering from Northern Illinois University. In 2005, he received the American Society of Sanitary Engineers Fellow Award.