ASHRAE has announced a call for presentations for the 2021 Building Performance Analysis Conference to be held Sept. 22-24 in Denver, Colorado. The theme for the conference is “Design and Operation for Resilient and Healthy Buildings.”
“The past year has brought forward new challenges for the design and operation of new and existing buildings, in particular challenges related to the health and well-being of occupants,” said John Bynum, conference chair. “Additionally, interest in embodied energy and operational emissions continues to grow across the industry due to regulatory and other drivers. This conference will provide an opportunity for building professionals across disciplines to share and learn about these topics and many others as we continue to work towards a better built environment.”
Building performance analysis professionals and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for individual presentations between 20-30 minutes in length or 90-minute panel or seminar sessions. Proposals can cover a broad range of topics addressing the needs of the building performance analysis community. Creative and interactive presentation formats are strongly encouraged.
The 2021 Building Performance Analysis Conference requests the following submission types:
- Individual presentations on projects, research or career/business development topics
- Panel with 3-4 industry experts on a current topic of interest or team case study
- Seminar session with a chair and 1-4 speakers on one of the topic areas
- Modeling Advances
- Cost Effective & Efficient Modeling for Design Support & Facilitation
- Modeling for Greenhouse Gas Targets
- Modeling for Embodied Energy
- Modeling Existing Buildings
- Occupant Behavior & Comfort
- Occupant Health & Well-being
- Passive Survivability & Resiliency
- Innovations in Passive and Hybrid Heating and Cooling
- Modeling for the Future
- Urban Scale Modeling
- Measurement and Verification
- Intelligent Building Operations
- Lighting and Daylighting
- CFD Applications for Architectural Decision Making
The 7th ASHRAE LowDown Showdown Building Modeling Competition will also be held in conjunction with this conference. More details on the competition will be announced soon.
Presentation proposals will be accepted from Feb. 8 through March 19. If accepted, presentations will be due Aug. 6. For a full list of presentation topics and more information, visit ashrae.org/buildperform2021.