ASPE and the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials are co-hosting “The Water Demand Calculator: Updating the Hunter’s Curve Summit,” a virtual event from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST on Nov. 4.
This virtual event will review the history of Hunter’s curve and discuss what the future holds for the Water Demand Calculator. It will specifically focus on adapting the WDC to commercial needs and explore the challenges it needs to overcome. For more details, visit aspe.org.
The following topics will be covered:
- “History of Hunter’s Curve,” Dan Cole, senior director of technical services at IAPMO
- “Water Demand Calculator Development,” Steven Buchberger, professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Cincinnati
- “The Future of the Water Demand Calculator,” Tim Wolfe, TRC Worldwide Engineering MEP LLC
- “Data Analytics, Machine Learning, and Engineer Research Initiatives,” Dustin Schafer, chief technical officer at Henderson Engineers
- “Manufacturers and Data Collection,” Tory Schira, COO of LiquiTech
- “International Perspective: German Domestic Water Sizing Methodology,” Frank Schmidt, international market developer at Gebr. Kemper GmbH + Co. KG
- “European Perspectives on Water Distribution,” Vanessa Speight, professor of integrated water systems at the University of Sheffield