The Refrigeration Service Engineers Society has added ESCO Institute’s Low GWP Refrigerant Safety: Flammable and Mildly Flammable Refrigerants Training and Certification Program to its online store for members and non-members.
With numerous changes to building codes and industry standards to accommodate the safe use of low-GWP refrigerants, those working in the HVAC/R industry need a reliable source of information and training to keep pace with innovation.
The Low GWP Refrigerant program manual covers:
- Refrigerant safety
- Introduction to low GWP refrigerants
- Refrigerant properties and characteristics
- Refrigeration cycle
- Working with refrigerant blends
- Proper installation and service guidelines
- Flammable refrigerant considerations
- Explanation of the associated codes and standards for A2L refrigerants
Instructor resource materials include a 204-slide PowerPoint presentation that correlates directly with the manual. Each slide contains speaker notes to aid the instructor through the presentation and provide additional talking points.
A 50-question, closed-book certification exam is available to validate that a person has retained the information presented in the program. For more details, visit rses.org.